Sunday 27 June 2010

Poor week again

Despite the beautiful weather, it has been yet another poor week.  I was in Switzerland Monday to Thursday.  We did a bit of walking, but no riding.

I got back Thursday afternoon and we had our normal Thirsty Thursday ride, although it was just me, Jayne and Nic, the others were away in the Alps riding.

Friday was normal ride to work day.  We were busy most of Saturday, but got out for about 16 miles in the afternoon.  I did get on with Joe’s replacement bike and have finished all but the rear mech cos I didn’t have a long enough cable.  Should get it finished soon though.

Sunday we had arranged to take Jayne’s bike to get its one month fettle.  So we drove up to Kendal and dropped it off.  I tried some shorts on but we went over to Wheelbase and Wilf’s.  I ended up buying a pair of Altura Pro Gel shorts from Wheelbase and a pair of Northwave shorts in Evans.  Jayne got a nice Fox shirt on sale as well.

We did about 16 miles again this afternoon, out to Daryl’s and back via the villa.

Not a bad week considering I was away for 4 days, but not great.

Miles for the week – 70

For the year to date – 2604

Cheers

Tim

2 comments:

  1. No matter what, it's never enough. Seems the riding gets under our skin and we crave more and more. At least it's a healthy vice!
    I got in zero miles, what with staring a new job, constant rain and strong storms, and a strange bout with intense pain all over my body. But the sun just came out, the pain is subsiding, and I need my cycling Jones. The rest of the week looks to be beautiful weather, so off I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been really lucky, the driest half a year since about 1930.

    ReplyDelete