Thursday 21 October 2010

Another poor week

I’m pretty sure I cracked a rib or two last weekend.  It still hurts to sneeze or cough.  Last week was very hard as I still have a cold.

After the previous weekend’s shenanigans I decided to take it easy riding to work on the Hewitt.  The weather is getting colder but it was largely a fine week.  I rode most days, but got the train home on Thursday as on the same night it was my team’s project celebration meal, my friend Simon’s leaving do and the Sports and Social Committee free beer night.  At the meal several of us were drinking wine and we got through the first bottle quite quickly, so I ordered a second bottle.  Unbeknownst to me, everyone else was driving, so I had most of the second bottle to my self.  I was gone!  A couple of pints with Simon and I was well away.

Saturday was spent at Jayne’s Mum’s.  Sunday we had an easy ride out to Great Ecc.  Neither of us was good, I had my ribs and Jayne was recovering from a cold.  We took it easy, arriving at the cafe at lunchtime.  Soup, cake and tea/coffee later we headed out into a very cold afternoon.  The sun came out just as we got home.

Miles for the week – 86

Miles for year to date – 4412

Still on target for 5000.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment