Tuesday 14 December 2010

Another dismal week

I was in Switzerland last week.  Monday it was –5 in Manchester.  All flights were delayed due to freezing fog.  I eventually got to Zurich 2 hours late, to be greeted by relatively warm and very wet weather.  Very un-Swiss winter weather.

I drove straight down to Bristol from the airport for two days of meetings and no cycling.  The drive home was long and there were numerous accidents to slow me down, so I didn’t make our usual Friday beer.

Saturday I did a short hour spin round the lanes on my own.  It was warmer than it has been for ages, no ice on the roads.  We were out at Simon’s Saturday night, I drove and we left the car there.  Sunday I just did a gentle ride out to pick the car up.  There was ice on the roads again.  Still can’t get ice tyres.  Not sure how much more riding I’ll do if the weather doesn’t improve.

Miles for the week – 24

Miles for the year to date – 5099

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment