Sunday 6 March 2011

Better week

Finally, I’ve got some decent miles in.  I have been home based all week and ridden every day.  Weather has been cold but sunny and looking more and more spring-like.

Jayne and I went out on the tandem yesterday, heading originally to Chipping but the wind was strong.  Instead we went to Barton Grange and had fruit tart and a cup of tea.

Today I went out to the Cafe de Lune with Alison.  Headwind all the way there and all the way back!  How does that happen?  We were knackered.

But all in all a very good week.  More miles this week than in the previous four combined.  Still about 300 miles down on my target though.

For the week – 144 miles

Year to date – 669

Cheers


TIm

2 comments:

  1. Got out for a ride this morning myself. The roads are clear, for the most part, at long last. The sun is finally getting a chance to do it's job, that is, melting the new fallen snow. This winter seems to have no end this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to frosts zero centigrade mornings this week so far. Had to scrape ice off the car, well my wife did. A few icy patches on the roads, but beautiful blue skies and some heat in the sun at lunchtime. Daffodils and crocuses are out, snowdrops are over, spring is here!

    ReplyDelete