Sunday 22 January 2012

Baby Steps

Finally managed to get out and do some miles today.  Not a lot but its a start.

I was in Bristol at the beginning of the week, meeting my new boss after our latest round of restructuring.  Lets see how long this one lasts.

I had to drive in on Thursday and Friday so no miles there.

Today the core team arranged to go out for a long ish ride.  I wasn’t sure but said I’d tag along, see how far I got.  There was a very strong wind blowing, but even with a 25mph tail wind I was struggling and holding everyone back.  I got as far as Inglewhite but could not face the climb up to Beacon Fell.  So I turned off and headed home on my own, zig-zagging through the lanes trying to avoid the wind.  28 miles in 2 and a bit hours.

At three weeks in to the new year I am 300 miles short of my target.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment